JOULE EFFECT HEAT TREATMENT MACHINES
UBHt machines are used for the stress relieving heat treatment as well as for the reduction of hardness in steel pipes after cold bending, like for example the U-tubes in heat-exchanger tube bundles or the stabilized bars in the Automotive sector.
• Power supply: 400V 50Hz (other tension on request)
• Power: 60-90-140KVA (other power upon request)
• Fork diameter: 60÷2200mm
• Adjustable temperature: from 300°C to 1300°C
• Recorder temperature: 300°C÷1300°C continous track
• Optical pyrometer: 300°C÷1300°C
• Cooling machine: water
• Cooling fork: air, inert gas upon request
The machine is able to heat a bent pipe section rapidly and uniformly through two jaws which mechanically block the pipe and which are connected to a current generator. The flow of a high current at a very low voltage heats the pipe according to its resistivity by joule effect reaching temperatures exceeding 1100°C in a few seconds.
Once the required temperature has been reached, the machine holds it for the time set and then it starts the cooling cycle which can be accelerated by blowing air or inert gas, such as nitrogen or argon gas, into the pipe.